Sarah Smith Tavilson
Sarah Smith Tavilson joined Hoge & Gameros, LLP as an associate in 2010, working with the firm until early 2018. After relocating to Oklahoma City and practicing there for three years, Ms. Smith Tavilson rejoined Hoge & Gameros in 2021 as a partner. Her practice focuses on land and mineral title examination, oil and gas transactions, real estate transactions, and title disputes. She represents clients in both Texas and Oklahoma in matters concerning acquisitions, divestitures, title due diligence, and title related litigation. Examples of practice expertise include rendering title opinions, drafting deeds, purchase and sale agreements, and title curative instruments, and advising clients on due diligence and assessment of risk. In addition to general oil and gas and real estate matters, Ms. Smith Tavilson has extensive experience in residential real estate transactions and title insurance.
Ms. Smith Tavilson graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2005, where she majored in Letters and minored in French and Classical Culture. She received her J.D. from Southern Methodist University in 2008. She was admitted to practice in Texas in 2008 and Oklahoma in 2019. When not practicing law, Ms. Smith Tavilson enjoys reading novels, traveling abroad, and spending time with her husband and two young sons.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2008, cum laude
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2005, magna cum laude
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Energy and Natural Resources Section
- Oklahoma Bar Real Property Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association Energy Law Section
- Comment, The United Nations Convention on the Use of Electronic Communication in International Contracts: Why it Should be Adopted and How it Will Affect International E-Contracting, 11 SMU SCIENCE & TECH. L. REV. 133.