The firm’s attorneys know that each case is unique and requires its own approach to protecting our client’s interests. The strength of our practice rests on the diverse skills and substantial experience of our lawyers. Our attorneys combine a detailed knowledge of bankruptcy law and procedure, commercial finance, real estate and general corporate law with a practical business perspective in handling bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy litigation, workouts, restructurings, foreclosures, going-concern asset sales and liquidations. Our primary focus is on cases in the state of Texas and Southwest, but we frequently serve as lead counsel for clients in cases nationally and we regularly coordinate the services of local counsel for efficient, affordable representation.
Our attorneys have represented clients in virtually every type of bankruptcy proceeding, including:
- Representation of a variety of unsecured creditors which hold claims in bankruptcy cases, including landlords, manufacturers, lessors, trade creditors, and other creditors, in asserting secured and unsecured claims, reclamation claims, and in defending against preference, fraudulent conveyance, and other avoidance actions. We recognize that bankruptcy litigation can be very costly and therefore strive to achieve creative, pragmatic, and cost-effective business resolutions whenever possible.
- Representation of asset-based lenders and other secured creditors in bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy litigation, commercial loan workouts, enforcement proceedings, and litigation, and asset sales. Our professionals use their extensive knowledge of finance documentation and credit policies to advance our clients’ interests at every stage of a transaction and to ensure the fullest recovery on their claims.
- Counseling clients that face financial distress on the entire range of options open to them in the event of a default, helping them to remain a going concern while pursuing the most prudent strategy for reorganization or disposition of assets.
- Representation of lenders in consumer cases, defending against motions to avoid or strip liens, claims under the Truth-in-Lending Act and other alleged violations of consumer protection laws. We also litigate non-dischargeability actions and objections to confirmation of Chapter 13 plans.
- Involvement in all aspects of Chapter 7 trustee representation, including claim objections and avoidance litigation. We also have experience in managing bankruptcy cases for creditors' committee and bankruptcy trustee clients, including organization, prosecution, and resolution of bankruptcy claims and causes of action.
Behind this exceptionally broad practice lies a substantial depth of legal and business skill. Our strength in commercial finance enables us to develop creative business solutions for both creditors and debtors and our capabilities in handling bankruptcy and commercial litigation matters are a major advantage in preference, fraudulent conveyance and similar bankruptcy-related controversies. The combination of such benefits gives our clients comprehensive, effective bankruptcy counsel that reflects a full commitment to responsive, value-added service.