Our attorneys include some of the most experienced and recognized oil and gas practitioners in the State of Texas who serve a wide variety of industry clients, from individuals to large publicly-traded corporations. Routine engagements include:
- Title Examination – our attorneys have collectively rendered thousands of title opinions covering lands in virtually every oil and gas producing area of Texas. While we work primarily with abstracts or runsheets with document copies, we have extensive experience in stand-up title examination. Our familiarity with multiple counties gives us the knowledge and insight to understand the nuances and requirements of conducting operations in different areas.
- Exploration Agreements and Joint Operating Agreements – we have advised clients and documented hundreds of transactions ranging from one-well drilling agreements to multi-party agreements involving the drilling of hundreds of wells over large exploration areas.
- Purchase and Sale Transactions – we have successfully negotiated and closed a wide variety of transactions, including several notable transactions involving multi-national parties and transaction values in the hundreds of millions. Our experience and record of success makes us a go-to firm for the negotiation and closing of these transactions.
- Joint Operating Agreement Disputes – our experience in drafting and reviewing the various AAPL JOA forms provides a unique understanding of the rights and obligations of parties under a JOA. We use this experience and understanding to position our clients to avoid disputes and to successfully protect their rights when disputes arise.
- Land Title Disputes – we are at home in the complex world of Texas land titles. Having conducted literally thousands of title examinations, we have the experience and knowledge to quickly identify and analyze issues and to assist our clients in successfully resolving critical disputes.