Stewart B. Hoge is a partner in Hoge & Gameros, L.L.P. His primary practice is oil & gas law and real estate law, including title examination and curative, representation in industry transactions, operating agreement disputes, land title disputes and representation before federal, state and municipal agencies in regulatory matters. He has extensive experience in title examination and Joint Operating Agreement disputes. He has acted as lead counsel in numerous significant oil and gas purchase and sale transactions.
Mr. Hoge has been licensed in Texas since 1979. He is Board Certified in Oil, Gas & Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1989. Mr. Hoge is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, the United States District Court for the District of Alaska and the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Hoge attended University of Oklahoma, where he double majored in economics and finance, attaining a BBA 1976. He received his J.D. from Southern Methodist University School of Law in 1979.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Dallas Bar Association
President of the Energy Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, 2002-2004.
- Member of the Oil, Gas & Mineral Law and Real Property/Probate Sections of the State Bar of Texas.
- Member of State Bar of Texas Joint-Subcommittee for the Adoption of Title Examination Standards (1988-1989).
- Associate Member of the Dallas Association of Petroleum Landmen.
- Associate Member of the Oklahoma City Association of Petroleum Landmen.
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Frequent lecturer and presenter on oil & gas related topics at seminars sponsored by the American Association of Petroleum Landmen, the Dallas Association of Petroleum Landmen, the Energy Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, the Institute of Oil & Gas Law & Taxation of the Southwestern Legal Foundation, the Dallas Energy Law Forum, the Dallas Society of Petroleum Engineers, the American Association of Land Administrators and various clients.
- Contributing Assistant, Real Estate Tax Planning, J. Scott Morris, Professor, Southern Methodist University School of Law, Little Brown and Company, 1979
- Author, A Primer on Issues Related to Horizontal Drilling and Completion in Texas, Dallas Association of Petroleum Landmen, 1990.
- Author, Overview of Oklahoma Senate Bill 168, Production Revenue Standards Act, American Association of Petroleum Landmen, 1992.
- Author, Environmental Law Update, Dallas Association of Petroleum Landmen, 1992.
- Update contributor, Oil & Gas Law In a Nutshell, John S. Lowe, George W. Hutchison Professor of Energy Law, Southern Methodist University School of Law, West Publishing Company, 1995
- Author, A Primer on Alternate Dispute Resolution in Oil and Gas Matters, Presented to Petroleum Engineers Club of Dallas, 1995.
- Author, Subsurface Trespass and Modern Operations, Presented to Energy Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, 2001.
- Author, The Barnett Shale; Oil & Gas Comes to Town, Presented to American Association of Land Administrators, June, 2005.
- Author, Real Estate Rules to Live and Work By, Presented to American Association of Land Administrators, April, 2008.
- Interests include outdoor sports and the study of economics and government.